Practice material for IELTS Reading Paper Practice - Section 3 (unofficial) - Fake News - the story behind the ‘Paul McCartney is dead)’ urban myth.
IELTS Listening Paper Practice - Section 2. The story behind Lovely Rita by The Beatles. Audio, worksheet & answers.
English Language level: Upper Intermediate (CEFR B2 )
Topics include: Becoming a doctor * Your GP * Emergency medicine * Specialists * The NHS * Treating a sprained ankle * Surgery.
Language Level: Upper Intermediate (CEFr B2)
Skills Practice: Reading & Listening, Writing, Speaking & Use of English
Digital resources: text & audio files, worksheets, mock exam questions, quizzes, teaching notes & extension materials.
One of the funniest scenes from the comedy classic ‘Diary of a Nobody’ (1892)
Act One is the key to understanding Macbeth. These resources identify the key themes.
English Language Level: Advanced/Proficiency CER: C1
Exams: GCSE /IGCSE English Literature, IELTS, Cambridge Advanced, Cambridge Proficiency
Getting Started with Macbeth introduces Act One and establishes the key themes of the play.
- presentations for all seven scenes
- audio & video clips
- key quotations
- speech analysis
- scene summaries
- teaching/study notes
Sample Presentation: 1.1: Three Witches
How Shakespeare helped shape the English language. Ideal for TESOL/TEFL classes and linked to activity worksheet.
1. Do you know the names of the two main political parties in the USA?
2. From which party does the current president come?
Listening Comprehension True or false
1. In the United States there are only two political parties.
2. All Republicans oppose gun control.
3. Republicans generally support military spending.
4. Republicans generally support free trade between countries.
5. Democrats generally believe in more market regulation.
6. Democrats agree with Republicans on taxation.
7. Many Republicans criticise the UN.
8. Only the rich vote for the Republican Party.
9. Only the poor vote for the Democrat Party.
10. The Democrats have a lot of support in the big cities.
For more on the two major parties go here
Important time-saving information for students struggling with referencing.