TESOL Reading & Listening Activity: There Goes the Bridegroom. An uninvited guest arrives at a wedding. She makes quite an entrance! English Language Level: intermediate (B2), FCE
US judge claims $65 million for lost trousers.
‘Wrong trousers’ dispute ends in a multi-million dollar court case. Reading & listening activity CEFr B1/2
In 1871 a deserted ship is found drifting in the sea. The captain and the crew have disappeared ...
Fred & Rita discuss Shakespeare's famous Sonnet 18
Hunter meets brown bear in the woods
1. Do you know the names of the two main political parties in the USA?
2. From which party does the current president come?
Listening Comprehension True or false
1. In the United States there are only two political parties.
2. All Republicans oppose gun control.
3. Republicans generally support military spending.
4. Republicans generally support free trade between countries.
5. Democrats generally believe in more market regulation.
6. Democrats agree with Republicans on taxation.
7. Many Republicans criticise the UN.
8. Only the rich vote for the Republican Party.
9. Only the poor vote for the Democrat Party.
10. The Democrats have a lot of support in the big cities.
For more on the two major parties go here
A young couple move to the country. Every night they visit a beautiful local church. Inside there are two marble statues. Why do these statues frighten local people? And what is the secret of the broken marble finger? 'The Marble Finger' is based on a classic horror story, Man Made in Marble (1893)…
Fred is running for a bus, while talking into his mobile. In his other hand is a letter. He passes a postbox.... Popular Fred & Rita story with new audio, worksheet, script & other activities. Ideal for older children/teens/young adults. Language Level - CEFR B2 & above