Language Level: CEF B1 Skills: Listening/Vocabulary
Can you guess the name of this famous inventor?
1. He was born in 1847 and died in 1931.
2. His middle name was Alva.
3. He grew up Ohio but worked in New York.
4. He saved a boy from an oncoming train. The boy's father then trained him to be a telegraph operator.
5. You use his inventions every day.
Watch this short presentation
From the Fred & Rita (see below) & True Stories teaching packs
ESOL resources to help develop English language skills. Short reading & listening materials with accompanying activities.
Aimed at teenagers & young adults but suitable for all ages.
Skills Practice: Reading, Listening, Writing, Speaking & Use of English
Resources: presentations, reading & worksheets, quizzes, teaching notes & extension materials.
Language Level: Intermediate/Upper Intermediate: CEFr B1/B2
Exam Level: Preliminary (PET), PET for Schools - Preliminary English Test (B1) First (FCE) B2